Common or New Water Supply

Older properties that are terraced or semi-detached are often on a common supply. This means there is usually one stop valve, with the main running through the gardens of the properties the feed supplies. This main will then branch off into the individual properties, and are generally lead. Properties on a common supply often suffer from poor pressure due to the high demand from all the neighbouring properties on the supply.

We are able to separate your supply and connect you onto your very own! This entitles your property the full flow it deserves. Once the water board have connected up your new pipework, our team will return to your property and swap over your supply to the new pipework and disconnect the old supply.

A new supply will often have to be arranged with your water board, though we are more than happy to help where we can.

We are a self-certified company, which means we are trusted to install our pipework to regulation standards! As a standard we would install 25mm unless otherwise instructed. As always, the benefit of using Mole Group means we won’t trench the route! We can mole underground and bring the pipe up where desired ready for connection.

Our Process

Get in touch

Call us on 0333 335 9929 and tell us about your problem. Don’t worry, won't ‘hard sell’, we’ll just ask a few basic questions about the job.

Get an estimate

We can usually give you an estimate without coming out to you – we use Google Earth and 3D imaging to see what problem is.

Get the job done

If you’re happy with the estimate, we will arrange a site visit. We will have seen problems like yours before and successfully fixed them

Frequently Asked Questions

Is the external pipe work the Water Board’s responsibility?

Afraid not, the underground water pipe from the valve in the pavement leading to and entering your house is your responsibility. When you bought your house, you bought the pipe!

How long will I be without water?

Usually 15 minutes.

What about mess inside and outside my house?

All excavations are backfilled and reinstated. Our operatives clean up after each job as part of a day’s work and take their boots off to work inside.

What do I need to do regarding the Water Authority?

If you are old lead or have a shared supply, we will need the water board to complete further works. It is important that this is in place before hand as their application process can take up to 28 days. We are unable to complete any application forms on your behalf, but your water authority can assist you with this. You will need to give us verbal permission to speak to the water authority about your water pipes.

Can Mole Group improve my mains water pressure?

We can’t guarantee an improvement in mains pressure without coming out to site, but particularly where we replace lead pipes with plastic we invariably see improvements in water pressure and flow rate, sometimes by as much as 500%.

Mole Group are specialist water pipe replacement engineers

Fill in a few details online and we’ll get back to you and give you a quote – no hassle, no pressure!
Get a quote

Where To Find Us

Mole HQ, Wirral
Mole Group Utilities Ltd, 180-200 Pensby Road, Heswall, Wirral, CH60 7RJ

Piccadilly Business Centre, Aldow Enterprise Park, Manchester, M12 6AE

North East
Unit 3 Ayton Workshops, 25 Raby Cross, Commercial Road, Byker, NE6 2FF

33 Finsbury Square, London, EC2A 1AD

South West
4 Staffick Close, Kenton, Exeter, EX6 8NS

Fronfellen House, Corris, Machynlleth, SY20 9TF