Leaks and Bursts Repaired
Leaks can become a very serious issue leading to material damage, increased consumption and a reduction in water pressure. Telltale signs that you have a leak on your underground pipework could be water pooling above ground, your water meter whizzing round, faint sound of running water even with taps are turned off or possibly some discoloured water when you first turn the tap on.
- Burst or leaking black Alkathene pipes neatly repaired
- Burst or leaking blue MDPE (medium density poly ethylene) pipes neatly repaired
- Surface repair made good as close to original as damage caused by leak will allow
How to test for a leak
If you have a water meter fitted outside your home, follow the steps below to check for a leak:
- Locate your external meter – it is usually fitted to the outside stop valve located either in your garden, driveway or footpath.
- Stop using water in the property – remember to turn off all water-using appliances, such as your washing machine and dishwasher.
- Turn off the inside stop valve – this can usually be found under the kitchen sink.
- Take a meter reading, including the digits in the red dials. If the dial is still recording water use, please double check that everything is switched off and there are no toilet cisterns filling up.
- Leave the stop valve shut and read the meter half an hour later. If the reading has changed, you may have a leak.
- Alternatively, turn off any noisy appliances in the kitchen, put your ear on cold mains tap and listen carefully for a noise that sounds like a toilet cistern filling – this can be an indication of a leak.
Get in touch
Call us on 0151 605 1469 and tell us about your problem. Don’t worry, won't ‘hard sell’, we’ll just ask a few basic questions about the job.
Get an estimate
We can usually give you an estimate without coming out to you – we use Google Earth and 3D imaging to see what problem is.
Get the job done
If you’re happy with the estimate, we will arrange a site visit. We will have seen problems like yours before and successfully fixed them
We’ll take care of all the necessary applications and permits if required, get the job done quickly and efficiently, and leave everything clean and tidy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Mole’s system include a French Drain or Soakaway?
Sometimes we install a French drain with our system but it is not always necessary. In many parts of the country soakaways do not work, for example in clay-based soils the water would be held like in a bowl and this can make the problem worse.
How does your system work?
Do you follow the herringbone layout of French drains?
How long after installation will my garden take to dry out?
Where To Find Us
Mole HQ, Wirral
Unit 9, Tarran Way South, Tarran Industrial Estate, Moreton, Wirral, CH46 4TP
Unit 3 Ayton Workshops, 25 Raby Cross, Commercial Road, Byker, NE6 2FF
33 Finsbury Square, London, EC2A 1AD
6 South Wing, Mansion House, Devington, Exminster, Devon, EX6 8UJ
Fronfellen House, Corris, Machynlleth, SY20 9TF